When it comes to moving your home, it is important to realize how big of a job it can be. You have to pack up all your belongings, box them, move everything, and transport the boxes to your new place. All this can be stressful, exhilarating, hard work, and time-consuming. And then there is the element of safety. You have to be careful with everything to ensure your own safety and the safety of those helping you with the move.
This is where hiring the services of a professional moving company can prove to be the perfect solution. An interstate move becomes even more complex. It is recommended to follow these tips when planning your interstate residential move.
1. Plan Early
You should start planning your interstate move as early as possible. This should give you valuable time for all the things including:
- Comparing different movers
- Setting a timeline
- Arranging for your home and family services
It is best to declutter and remove any items that you do not need. This will lighten the load you will be carrying to your new home.
- If you have furniture that needs replaced, sell them or donate them
- Pack seasonal or other items that may not be required right now
Start all this months in advance and you will not have to do much closer to the day of moving.
2. Visit & Research Your New Home
It is equally important to study the destination. A move also means that you will have to make arrangements for your new house.
- Visit the new place and learn about the neighborhood
- If you have kids, learn about the school systems
- Create a plan for how all your belongings will be arranged at your new house
Taking these steps should help address some major unknown factors in your home.
3. Get Estimates & Compare Moving Services
An interstate move can cost you more than a local move. You should budget well and take all the cost factors into account when planning.
- The move itself should be the biggest cost factor
- Hire professional moving services, as it will help make your move more cost-efficient, saving you more money
- Experienced and licensed interstate movers can provide extra options that simplify your move and save money
- Such additional services can include packaging, disassembly and assembly, loading and unloading, and unpacking. Some companies can also provide storage solutions.
It is important to get estimates from multiple movers and compare them on the basis of both costs and reputation.
4. Create a Timeline
An important step in planning your residential move is to create a timeline. Create a plan for the amount of time you will be giving to different steps including:
- Disassembly of furniture
- Movers coming to your home
And more. When you have a schedule for everything, everything will take place on its own during an otherwise stressful time.
Besides these tips, it is recommended to follow these additional tips:
- Set aside your precious items and carry them along with you
- Make sure to have your mails forwarded to your new address
- Make sure the mover is fully insured. You can also consider getting additional insurance.
So, follow these tips when planning your interstate residential home. If you need more information, guidance, and insights, feel free to contact Monarch Removals at 1300 947 475 or send us a message.